Protein Shakes Recipes.
Here we go to give you some recipes for homemade proteins shakes that you might like to try. Whether they are good or bad, are my own personal opinion, but please give them a try and feel free to experiment with the ingredients.
Protein shake recipes without protein powder.
This is not one of my favorites.
- Cottage cheese — 1 cup.
- Peanut butter — 1 tablespoon.
- Skimmed milk — 1 cup.
- Half a packet of fat-free vanilla pudding mix.
Put the above in a blender with a cup of water and some ice cubes blended together, and then eat it like ice cream.
This one I liked.
- Lemon ice cream — 3 scoops.
- Frozen strawberries — 1 cup.
- Evaporated milk — 3 tablespoons.
- Skimmed milk — 2 1/2 cups.
- 4 eggs.
Blend the milk and the eggs and then add the ice cream, and finally, the strawberries and evaporated milk.
Again, not one of my favorites:
- Medium carrots — 2.
- Medium apples — 2.
- Brown Rice protein — half a cup.
- Coconut milk — 1 cup.
- One egg.
Chop up the carrots and apples, at all the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Adding a banana may improve this recipe.
This is one of my absolute favorites and one of the best protein shake recipes.
- This one uses a vanilla whey protein powder and one of the cheap blends too.
- Vanilla whey protein — 2 scoops
- Mixed frozen berries (I like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) — 1 1/2 cups
- Fat-free yoghurt — 4 tablespoons
- Cold water — 200 mL
- A sweetener (dextrose) — 25 g (after work out)
Just blend it and enjoy it!
So there you have two recipes that I liked, and two that I didn’t like quite so much, they are of course personal choice, but I think you’ll like the last one, I have a sweet tooth. The good thing about homemade protein shakes is that you can add anything that you like in them, and make them unique, as long as you remember what they’re designed to do, your protein shakes will be delicious and effective.